Friday 4 January 2013

Heat



                                                              
Yesterday was stinking hot, unbearably hot. So hot, my breath got snatched away and  left me gasping for air.

It was just another thing to add to what has been a challenging few days. It's true that your kids never stop being your kids, but you just can't fix everything like you can when they are little.

My eldest has been dealt a body blow this week and has had to move back in with us. She's terribly disappointed, hurt, bereft. It's gutwrenching to see her like that and we've had to re-accommodate her both physically and mentally into the day-to-day rhythm of the house while she deals with it.

I continue to be amazed at the way some people can treat others and I'm disappointed that I allowed myself to get riled up at the person who hurt my daughter and vented my spleen a little. Usually when I'm angry I become the Ice Queen as my brother says, all clipped and cold. This time, to my own shock and surprise, I let rip and in the process disappointed my youngest daughter who heard me.

It's not only the hot weather that's left us gasping for air this week.

Today we go and retrieve her belongings and hope for calm. The weather is not as intense, neither are our emotions now. My eldest goes on, a little wiser and sadly a little more wary.

No comments:

Post a Comment