Thursday 19 April 2012

A parent's worst nightmare

In another life, I knew Roger and Joy Membrey. I never met their daughter Elisabeth but I came to feel like I did. I came to know her parents because I wrote about her disappearance and suspected murder and their  kindness and integrity in the face of  a parent's worst nightmare has remained with me and the many others who shone a light on Elisabeth's story in the hope of finding out what happened to her. Today, a Supreme court jury has retired to consider a verdict in the trial of a man accused of her death. And I'm thinking of Joy and Roger and hoping they will finally, after 18 years, know what happened to their lovely girl but more importantly know where she is and give her the goodbye they have so desperately wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment